Sunday 30 January 2011

Preliminary Evaluation - Ryan

After the pre-production stage of planning and discussing ideas we chose to make a stalker type scenario. In pre-production I was the storyboard artist and I thought that went well, I believe we should have added the scenes we added on the spot during filming so they were completely correct.

In the production stage I was the 'main' character, with the plot surrounding 3 characters of equal importance, and with me and Rebecca sharing the only dialogue scene of the piece I felt more dialogue or extra characters were needed to take away the unintentional focus on the one dialogue scene. When on set I felt it was a bit rushed (in all honesty it was) and that we were trying to get it out of the way rather than spend time on the piece. However when we were in the swing of things I felt we put effort in and managed to film what we thought was acceptable. After filming what we thought was the task, and to save us from more work we decided not to check the sheet when going over our thriller, this was a mistake. We found out that we were missing most of the task and that our piece at the time wasn't completing the task at all. We then decided to correct this error by re-shooting the piece and re-editing the shots into the finished product.

In post-production I was the editor (I was the only one with a basic grasp of editing on MACS) when editing I thought we did a good job overall with the audio being our highlight using sound from the program it's self rather than sourcing out copyrighted music which in the 'proper' thriller task is not allowed. With using a mixture of cuts we edited our piece to our group's satisfaction, both times our first 'attempt' and our correct 'attempt'

The audience's reaction was to be expected with the piece ending on a close-up of my face this was more comical and one of the things I would of changed, but overall the task was a success and gave us a few pointers on how to do better next time.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment