Friday 28 January 2011

Evaluation of Prelim (Rebekah)

Filming:
I did the filming for the group, I did a lot of it but I worked with the group as well to make sure the shots looked good. The good bits of filming which have come out of this film is the match on action, this bit we didn't put in the first version of the film, we got carried away with what the story was so we ended up forgetting the most important things such as the match on action and the 180 degree rule. The 180 degree rule, I did not film as I was the actress at this time, however we did break it.
 
Directing:
As I was the director I had to make sure that when we started filming everyone knew so that they could get into their positions, and always said Action, and other phrases so that the whole group knew what was happening. This worked well as we could get the job done quicker. As director I think I did a reasonable on what we have created.
The Film
I think the final film looks better then expected, I think that our whole group did well on the performance and getting each task done. It was not hard as we all knew what we were doing and we worked well as a group to get it finished in time. Our first film was done and uploaded in time, however as we watched it through we noticed some mistakes and noticed things that could have changed and things that needed to be added, this is what we did the next day. It didn't take us long as we already knew what things and how we were going to do it. However this time I had to be in it so that we could do the 180 degree rule. If we had another chance to do the preliminary again, I think we would have focused more on what needs to be done first instead of the story and the performance. I think some good shots were used in the final film, such as high angle shots of the feet walking up the stairs, this gives a better effect of someone following but not quite there.
The Roles 
 I chose the roles in making of this film, I was the director and was filming most of it, if not all of it, this meant that we needed a few people to be the actors/actresses, as we already knew the story and what was going to happen we needed people who would not mind being in it. As Zoe had the coat she was going to be the shady fellow then we needed someone else to be the other characters, this meant Becky and Ryan one of them was going to be the victim and because we didn't want to sexist we put Ryan as the victim.

To conclude we could have done a lot better in a few areas, which some of that was my fault however I think we worked well as a group.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on getting this done some more detail needed and again why not add some stills to illustrate key points, more media language needed especially as you are a film student

    ReplyDelete